Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Cleaning can be such a chore. Don’t even get us started on cleaning laminate flooring! It seems like you either spend far too much time with a mop, bucket, and broom or you have dingy-looking floors. There’s no happy medium and cleaning your laminate floors seems to take forever! But it doesn’t have to.
Technology is a beautiful thing. If you’re tired of using brooms, mops, and buckets to keep your floors clean, it’s time for you to take a look at steam mops. A steam mop eliminates your mop and bucket and heavy-duty bleaches and cleaners.
The steam mop is designed to clean and sanitize your floors through the power of heat and steam. They are typically shaped like a very small upright vacuum but there are many different shapes and sizes of them. They are so much simpler than a mop and you don’t have to drag out the bleach and bucket either.
Steam mops are great for any type of flooring. Laminate floors are some of the hardest types of floors to clean and maintain though.
That’s why we’ve done all the hard work for you. We’ve sifted and sorted, researched and reviewed, and we’re here to share with you the 10 best steam mops for laminate floors. We will walk you through detailed reviews and share a general buying guide to help you narrow down your choices.
Stick with us to find the product that will make cleaning your laminate flooring easy.
Best Steam Mops for Laminate Floors (Updated)
Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop, 1940
The Bissell PowerFresh is lightweight and simple to use. It weighs only slightly over 7 pounds and takes up very little space so you can easily stow it when you’re not using it. This option pretty much speaks for itself with its very high ratings and rave reviews.
This mop cleans and sanitizes with ease, eliminating 99.9% of germs, and you don’t even need bleach or chemicals to do it!
Related: Bissell 1940 vs 1806 comparison
- Flip-down easy scrubber for those tough messes
- Includes a spring breeze scented disc
- 3 steam level options
- Swivel steering
- 23-foot power cord
- The extra-long power cord allows you to maneuver to every corner of the room.
- Three steam levels let you use a low heat setting, which is best for laminate flooring.
- It comes with everything you need to get started plus a bonus fragrance disc.
- Kills germs and cleans your floor without the use of dangerous chemicals and cleaners.
- Budget-friendly and one of the highest-rated steam mops for laminate floors on the market.
- There have been numerous reports of the cap on the water tank breaking too easily.
- Bissell customer service is inconsistent and sometimes hard to work with.
Shark Steam Mop S1000
The Shark Ninja steam mop S1000 is known for its ability to fight back against tough dirt. It also has low steam and heat settings that make it ideal for use on laminate floors. This bad boy has a large water tank so you can work larger surfaces without having to refill as often.
Shark is a trusted name amongst the vacuum industry and this steam mop is of the same quality. It has a nice long cord and simple features that are easy to work with. You can even steam on-demand when you just need a quick clean up.
- Use only water for cleaning your floors
- Slender, upright build that is easy to stow
- Extra-large water tank
- 18-foot cord
- On-demand steam option allows you to start cleaning in only 30 seconds when you need a quick clean.
- This steam mop is known for its ability to work against tough stains or grease.
- Lightweight, weighing in at less than 5 pounds.
- Includes 2 cleaning pads to get you going and replacement pads are easy to find.
- The extra-large tank gives you the convenience of cleaning longer periods without refilling.
- You cannot control or adjust steam but you manually pump for steam.
- Frame seems to be kind of weak and could break too easily.
PurSteam ThermaPro 10-in-1 With Detachable Handheld Unit
This ThermaPro steam mop from PurSteam is another superior option. It is budget-friendly and made from a trusted steamer brand that knows how to get the job done. This steam mop is uniquely designed for mopping but the water reservoir is detachable for a handheld steamer tool.
This steam mop is well-made and fits under counters easily. It can also maneuver into those hard to reach spaces and corners. It’s slim and lightweight with multiple attachments. There are 3 changeable steaming modes so you can set to whatever fits your cleaning mode. The company also backs their products strongly.
- 10-in-1 steam mop with attachments and a handheld steamer
- 11.5-ounce water reservoir
- Ready to use in only 30 seconds
- 3 adjustable steam modes (use low for laminate)
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Multi-purpose steamer mop is capable of so much more than just mopping.
- There are 3 different steaming modes, which gives you a low option that is safe for laminate flooring.
- This steam mop weight less than 3 pounds when empty, making it one of the lightest options on the market.
- Slim design and quite simple to operate.
- The best way to simplify your floor cleaning.
The replacement mop pads are available only on Amazon so you are at the mercy of the distributor.
The head is pretty small so you may need several replacement pads to get through a large room.
Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop Floor Steamers
This steam mop takes the name light ‘n easy to a whole new level. The mop is incredibly lightweight and weighs only about 3.5 pounds before you add water The water does not make it all that much heavier either. You can use this steam mop on a variety of surfaces and it’s even safe for laminate.
This steam mop is incredibly budget-friendly. It operates smoothly and efficiently with a swiveling head that gets even the hard to reach areas. This steam mop does not steam on its own, it does require a manual pump for steam but that means you can steam at your own pace.
- Weighs only 3.5 pounds before water is added
- Flexible mop head for ease of use
- 20-foot long cord
- Includes a 1-year warranty
- Use Light ‘n easy mop pads that are specially made for the maximum cleanup.
- Manually release steam so you can control the feature and make your water last longer.
- Works well on various flooring.
- Very lightweight machine with a slim upright design makes it easy to stow away.
- The water tank is not detachable which may make it challenging to empty or clean.
- You may have to work slightly harder to get up tough stains.
Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Cleaner System
If you’re looking for the best of the best, the high-quality cleaning tool, this might just be the best for you. This steam mop is a bit more expensive than its competitors but it also comes with a lot of great bells and whistles that make it worth the extra few dollars.
This steam mop is incredibly slim and maneuverable. It can be transformed into a tool that clean other surfaces as well – like your shower, stovetop, kitchen counters, and those hard to reach corners. It even comes with a small clothing steamer tool. This steamer will work for literally everything.
- Unique, slim design
- Comes with multiple attachments
- 3-in-1 steam mop capable of cleaning multiple surfaces
- 25-foot power cord attached
- Extra-strength cleaning machine that can clean a variety of surfaces (including laminate).
- All included attachments and tools can be stored on the steam mop so you don’t lose them.
- 25-foot long cord gives you plenty of reach for just about any cleaning job.
- The mop head twists and turns easily to maneuver into any space.
- On-demand steam trigger so you can steam as you please.
- The water mechanism is near the handle which makes the mop slightly top-heavy.
- The water reservoir tends to leak, especially if the mop falls over or is not standing upright.
Sienna Luna Steam Mop Multi-Purpose Handheld Steamer for Cleaning
The Sienna Luna is another great option that is a bit higher on the price scale. However, it’s a more mid-range price and is still affordable. This steam mop is unique in design but very easy to work with. It comes fully assembled and doesn’t require extra tools to work with.
This mop is slim and stands on its own. You can purchase it in various packages that come with other attachments as well. This mop is unique in that it has sonic vibrations that help to truly scrub and clean your floors. The steam levels and intensity are fully adjustable to your needs.
- Low profile cleaning head that swivels 180-degrees
- Includes an LED headlight
- Produces micro sonic vibrations for the best clean
- Stands upright on its own
- 25-power cord included
- Steam is fully adjustable to let you get just the right level for your cleaning job.
- This steam mop has an energy-saving auto-shutoff in case you get distracted.
- The head is large enough to make cleaning a breeze but swivels so it can fit tight places.
- The LED headlight allows you to see your path and know the tough spots.
- Comes equipped with all of the instructions you might need for cleaning your surfaces.
- If something goes wrong, it’s nearly impossible to find replacement parts.
- The steamer tends to clog and needs frequent cleaning to work effectively.
COSTWAY 2000W Multipurpose Steam Cleaner with 19 Accessories
Costway presents to you another unique solution. This is another high-dollar option but this is also a superior quality steaming system. This system works for far more than just laminate but will be gentle on your laminate flooring. It is not an upright system but rather has a large attached tank on wheels.
This is a multi-purpose steaming system which means you can mop or clean other areas with steam and no harsh chemicals. It is ergonomically designed to be comfortable to work with and handle. The wheels make it a simple system and the tank is large enough to last you for 45 minutes of constant steaming.
- 1.5L attached tank on wheels
- Includes 19 accessories for various cleaning needs
- Equipped with extended wand, hose, and long cord
- All accessories can be stored on the trolley
- Multi-functional steaming machine
- Lightweight considering the setup. Everything is on wheels so no need to try to lift the water tank.
- Triangular mop head allows you to easily clean corners and edges efficiently.
- Extended steam capabilities with high-steam features.
- Jet nozzle for heavy-duty jobs gets all the tough stains and grease out easily.
- Multi-purpose steam mop that allows you to steam a variety of surfaces.
This is a larger steam mop that will take up quite a bit more space for storage purposes.
Water tank can be a bit bulky to empty or clean.
Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket (S5003D)
This mop system is named Genius for a reason. This smart-mopping technology lets you steam mop your floors without ever touching the dirty cleaning pad. Isn’t that nice? It’s simple to attach and just as simple to detach straight into a dirty laundry basket.
This steam mop system is user-friendly and efficient. The various heat settings allow you to safely steam your laminate flooring using a lower setting. It’s comfortable and ergonomically-friendly to use. The mop head swivels and turns easily for all spaces. You have the option of targeted steam power for those tough jobs as well. This is a lightweight machine slightly under 6 pounds when empty.
- 3 steam settings to fit your various needs
- No-touch system
- Lightweight mop, weighing less than 6 pounds
- Burgundy/gray color that is quite flattering
- Double-sided cleaning pads
- You don’t have to touch the dirty cleaning pads ever.
- You can channel the steam for extra power on those tough cleaning jobs.
- Slim build and design that is easy to maneuver and store.
- Water tank holds a decent amount of water so you don’t have to continuously refill.
- You have 3 steam levels so you can use the best one for your area (low for laminate).
- Does not stand on its own so be sure to lean it when you’re not holding it.
- The water tank is not detachable but you can easily dump it since it’s lightweight.
Bissell Steam Mop 1806, Sapphire PowerFresh Deluxe
Bissell is one of the highest performing brands you will find when it comes to steam mops. You simply can’t beat their efficiency and overall quality of products. This Sapphire PowerFresh Deluxe is not one to overlook.
The steam controls are digital and can be set to low, which is ideal for laminate flooring. This steam mop has a unique “SpotBoost” brush so you can work on a single spot if you need to. Just like with the other Bissell options, you can attach a scent disc for a smell-good cleaning job. You can be ready to mop in just 30 seconds.
- 25-foot power cord
- SpotBoost cleaning brush
- Continuous steam when on
- Weighs only about 6 pounds
- Water tank holds 16 oz. of water
- Unique SpotBoost attachment to take care of those most difficult stains or to spot clean.
- Lightweight and slim design makes the unit easy to work with and store
- Tank can be refilled while the unit is running making it easy to keep working.
- Very easy to steer and the head turns to fit into tight and hard to reach places.
- You can add a scent disc for a refreshing scent in the air while you are steaming.
- Many report that customer service through Bissell is not pleasant should you have issues.
- The water tank tends to leak much too easily.
PurSteam ThermaPro Elite 12 Steam Mop Cleaner System
PurSteam is a worldwide brand that is known for their quality steaming products and this steam mop certainly meets that criteria. You get a steam mop and a handheld steaming system in one so you can tackle any job you need. Plus, the steam is adjustable, making it an ideal option for laminate flooring.
This mop system is equipped with the triangular head design that allows you to get corners and easily maneuver under countertops and such. The handle swivels for easy guiding. It’s simple and easy to use with an effective design and a handheld steamer option. It also has several attachments.
- Multiple attachments and accessories, including a handheld steamer
- Triangular mop head design
- Steam is adjustable to your needs
- Equipped with a 16-foot power cord
- 25-second heat-up for steam
- The various steam settings allow you to use this steam mop on any surface, including laminate floors (use a low setting).
- The company provides a 2-year warranty and a satisfaction guarantee for the product.
- Incredibly versatile, the triangle head gets corners and challenging to reach areas.
- Lightweight and slim design that weighs only about 6 pounds.
- The detachable hand-steamer tool is quite handy and easy to use.
- The water reservoir tends to leak if not upright.
- You may have to apply quite a bit of pressure to propel the mop forward, it does not glide gently.
What to Consider When Buying a Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
When it comes down to it, we can share steam mop options with you all day long. There are tons of them out there and the reviews can be quite mixed. Not to mention, we all have different preferences so what one person most enjoys another person might find unappealing.
In the end, you have to make a selection based on your own preferences and needs. But the good news is that you don’t have to try to figure it out on your own. We’re here to share with you some of the things you should look for.
Features vary across the board when it comes to steam mops and it may be challenging to try to pinpoint what features you need the most. In this case, we’re looking for steam mops that are suitable for laminate floors. Surprisingly, not every steam mop is a good fit.
You may have heard that steam mops are not highly recommended for laminate floors. This is because the heat and the moisture can cause them to warp, swell, bubble, and it’s often not a good result. The truth is, if you choose wisely, you can still enjoy a steam mop on your laminate floors. There are just some specific things you should watch for and be aware of.
In this section, we will walk you through qualities to look for as well as share with you some absolutely necessary features to work best on your laminate floors.
The most important feature you should look for is the steam control. If you cannot adjust your steam, you need to look elsewhere. This is the feature we will tell you to look for most of all. There are several others too so stay tuned as we walk you through each one.
Laminate flooring, even the new kinds, can be challenging to clean because it’s very sensitive to things like water and heat. Water and heat are the primary functions of steam mops, which might make you question whether it’s a good fit.
Don’t worry, steam mops can still be suitable for laminate floors if you are able to control your steam temperatures and frequency. You will notice that on nearly all of the listed steam mops we reviewed that we specifically mention whether the steam is adjustable.
You will want to be able to use a low steam mode for your laminate flooring but your higher steam modes might be optimal for other areas and aspects of cleaning. If you cannot control your steam in some manner, you may be doing more harm than good when it comes to cleaning your floors.
We have said this already but the ability to control your steam may well be the most important feature to be aware of as you review your steam mop options.
Related: How to clean laminate without streaking
Size and Weight
Many steam mops are made to be slim and upright but there are also some that are made with a tank that is on wheels. Here, it’s important to know what you will be comfortable with and what you will have room for when it comes to storing it away.
The option we shared above that had an attached trolley was still lightweight and compact but the trolley may be a hindrance to you. Know what your storage space can accommodate and be familiar with the size and height you will be comfortable with.
You will also want to check the weights as these are often not self-propelled and you may have to tip them to dump water from the reservoir. Look for something that is lightweight and well-designed for your space.
While you may not need accessories for a laminate floor, you might decide that you want to have accessories on hand. This is purely up to your preferences but certainly something to consider in your search.
You will find that there are simple steam mops with little to no accessories and then there are mops on the other end of the spectrum that might have up to 18 accessories included. You might also find your mop to be equipped with handheld steamer functionality.
Benefits of a Steam Mop
So why do we want to use a steam mop instead of a traditional mop? Well, for one, it sanitizes without forcing you to use bleach or cleaners. Steam mops traditionally kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria through heat and steam – no chemicals required.
Here are some great benefits that steam mops can provide:
- Cleaning & sanitizing with no chemicals or cleaners
- Re-usable cloths to reduce waste
- No waiting for excessive drying time
- Simplifies the cleaning process
Steam mops are safe, efficient, and effective. Toss out that old mop and bucket that probably wasn’t getting your floor very clean anyways. It’s time to step into something new and something that works.
Your laminate floors are bound to be cleaner than ever with a steam mop for your home. In fact, you might just find that your previous cleaning system was completely ineffective on that first go-around with your steam mop.
Remember that the best steam mop is ultimately up to you, but our goal here was to provide you with the best options on the market and help you sort through the options. Happy steaming!