Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Owning an animal is one of the greatest joys for mankind. Individuals and families across the world love having a furry companion to grow with. They’re cute, lovable, and hard to be mad at.
However, one of the biggest downsides to owning a pet is the burden they create upon you. You will know this to be especially true if they’ve ever dealt with fleas before. Dealing with fleas in your household quickly becomes torture and will leave you begging for a fix.
That’s why you need to find the best vacuum for fleas. Not all vacuums are created equally, you’ll want to find one that was specifically designed to target and tackle fleas for the most effective cleaning in the case of an outbreak.
Below, you’ll find a review of the 10 best vacuums for fleas. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and not all will be ideal for your scenario. Thoroughly digest all the information to find the best vacuum for your needs.
Keeping reading beyond the reviews to find a helpful section on navigating the ins and outs of the most important features to look for. This will help you decide which vacuum cleaner for fleas is best for your situation.
Now let’s jump into our top picks.
A general description, key features, and pros/cons of each product will be featured. Review each thoroughly to understand which vacuum is right for your needs.
Best Vacuum Cleaners for Fleas (Updated)
Shark Navigator DLX Upright Vacuum
The Shark Navigator DLX is a high-quality vacuum that comes at an affordable price. It’s both corded and bagless, making it easy to manage.
The head of the vacuum features swiveling steering, which helps you right tight corners, nooks, crannies, and all the crevices within your home. If you’re wanting to use one tool to do most of the cleaning, swivel steering will help you reduce the number of times you need to bring out another cleaning tool to reach a difficult area.
It has an extra-large dust bin capacity, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning it after every use. The larger capacity will allow you to clean two, or three times before cleaning is recommended.
The power cord is 25 feet long, so reaching most areas of a room will be doable from a singular power outlet.
- It Utilizes a HEPA filter for deep cleaning beyond flea removal.
- The cord length is relatively large so you’ll be able to easily maneuver this vacuum around most large areas or rooms.
- The dust bin’s capacity is fairly large, allowing you to not have t worry about cleaning it out after each use.
- A 25-foot power cord will ensure you can get to most areas in large rooms without having to switch between power outlets.
Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright corded Stick Vacuum
The Shark Rocket DeluxePro does a good job of balancing the benefits of being lightweight without losing a lot of extra features that we know and love.
It’s relatively compact and lightweight but still provides powerful suction.
If you’re looking for the best vacuum for fleas but also want a vacuum that can handle other day-to-day activities, the Shark Rocket can be a good option. It’s a two-in-one vacuum and provides you with the ability to deeply clean plush carpets as well as hardwood floors.
The cord length comes in at 30 feet long, making it extremely easy to use in one area or room. Don’t worry about finding the perfect power outlet that will allow you to reach everywhere without unplugging – 30 feet is more than enough.
The reason why it’s great for fleas comes through the accessories it delivers to you. It includes a handheld vacuum, a motorized floor nozzle, a duster crevice tool, and a multi-tool that includes a brush for picking up fleas. That’s a lot of valuable features in one purchase.
Related: Shark rocket true pet hv322 review
- It comes with a large variety of attachments and accessories to making cleaning easier. Specifically, it includes a multi-tool that has a brush to pick up hard-to-reach debris and fleas.
- A 30 feet long power cord but it’s usability above most other competitors.
- It has the capability of cleaning both hardwood floors as well as carpet. This makes it ideal for those looking for a vacuum that can do more than simply target fleas.
- It doesn’t provide an effective way to store the cord on the vacuum. You’ll have to find a different way to wrap the cord around the vacuum.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Lightweight
The Dyson V10 Animal Complete was designed for those who live in households with furry friends.
It’s lightweight, bagless, and cordless, making it perfect for those who know the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life all too well. Simply keep this vacuum in a central location and you’ll be able to target messes and fleas anywhere with relative ease.
It’s powered by a battery and lasts up to one hour before a recharge is needed. While it may not seem like a long time at a surface level, it’s an hour of run time. One hour of continuous vacuuming is more than enough to handle one, two, or even three cleaning sessions before a battery charge is needed. When it’s time to recharge it, simply hook the battery to a power outlet. It’ll recharge after three and a half hours.
It works well because the powerful V10 engine will help pick up finer dust, fleas, and other unwanteds from your flooring.
Finally, it also can transform into a compact handheld vacuum. This makes it ideal if you’re looking to do some quick spot cleaning without having to lug a vacuum cleaner throughout the house.
- Able to transform into a handled vacuum cleaner for maximum portability.
- The battery power lasts for one hour of continuous cleaning with a relatively fast recharge time.
- It’s lightweight, bagless, and cordless. You won’t have to drag around a ton of different accessories to get an effective clean.
- It utilizes a powerful engine that can tackle fleas and other debris that have integrated themselves into your flooring.
- There aren’t a lot of accessories available for this vacuum cleaner. While it does its job effectively, it’ll have a tough time with stuck-on stains and reaching nooks and crannies without a scrubber and hose attachment.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away comes with most modern features that you can expect from a high-quality vacuum for fleas.
It’s corded, bagless, and features easy swivel steering. All of these work to make using the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away easy to use. You won’t have a hassle lugging it around to different areas that you need to target.
You know that the consumer in mind when the vacuum is built around making life easier for you. Besides the user-friendly features above, the canister is also able to be detached from the vacuum. The canister can be used as a handheld vacuum for harder-to-reach areas.
The dustbin capacity is relatively large and will last long enough to power through multiple cleaning sessions. Don’t worry about having to constantly empty your canister between each cleaning session.
Fingertip controls are also provided so you can easily switch between the carpet and hard floor modes.
Of course, it also features a lift-away mode. This mode will allow the stem of the vacuum to buckle down so your vacuum’s head can reach areas that you’d have to get on your hands and knees for.
Related: Shark nv681 review
- It features a detachable mode where you can use a wand to clean above-floor areas.
- The fingertip controls will allow you to seamlessly transition from cleaning carpets to cleaning hard floors.
- The dustbin capacity is rated at extra-large for holding more debris.
- The lift-away mode will help you reach areas that would otherwise require you to bend over or get close to the ground to reach.
- While there is a lot of extra accessories to help you target different areas, it doesn’t include any attachments that specifically help with fleas. It’ll still target them effectively, but a brush or pet multi-tool would be helpful as well.
Bissell Eraser 1650A Upright Vacuum
The Bissell 1650a Eraser is specifically designed to pick up animal debris as well as the nasty germs they bring. Of course, this includes fleas.
What makes it stand out is the accessories. It comes with a tangle-free brush that prevents dirt from getting clogged or tangled within the vacuum as it cleans. If you’ve ever experienced this problem before, you know how gross it can be.
If debris gets tangled within the vacuum, you’ll have to carefully take apart the vacuum and remove the debris from the affected area. Not only is this a hassle, but it’s also incredibly gross. Thankfully, this tangle-free brush is designed to prevent the issue from arising.
Another helpful accessory includes an 8-foot hose with a crevice tool. This will make cleaning hard-to-reach areas a breeze. Most of the time, you won’t even have to bend over.
The suction is incredibly powerful, not much can stand in the way of this model. Combined this power with swivel steering, a tangle-free brush, and a 30-foot power cord, and you’ve got a mean cleaning machine at your disposal.
- The cord length is 30 feet, making it easily used in most large rooms.
- A tangle-free brush is included to help reduce the tangles and clumps of dirt that find their way into your vacuum cleaner.
- It comes with an 8-foot hose with a crevice too to increase the flexibility of this vacuum.
- Swivel steering will help you reach areas that would otherwise require you to expend more effort to reach.
- It doesn’t feature any way to detach a canister or part of the vacuum for a handheld device. If offered, this would drive this vacuum to the top of the best vacuum for fleas lists.
Bissell Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded
The model above lacked one thing – the ability to detach itself from the frame of the vacuum and clean fleas on the go.
This Bissell vacuum cleaner is designed for only handheld use and makes fighting fleas on the go a possibility. Of course, it can also be handy to keep in the corner of your living room if you’re wanting to spot clean more as well.
If fleas have infested your vehicle, this can also be the answer you need. Traditional vacuum cleaners will have a tough time reaching different areas within a vehicle, especially underneath the seats. A handheld vacuum cleaner is going to be your best bet when you need to fight fleas in your car.
It also comes with rubber nozzle attachments to pull out dirt and fleas from tighter areas. For example, the crevice between the seat and back of your upholstery won’t be an issue. Two different nozzles included tackling different situations.
- It comes with multiple nozzles or hard-to-reach areas.
- It’s a handheld! That means it’s easily transported and used in most scenarios.
- While it’s relatively small, it’s powerful enough to suck up the debris that is finer and integrated into fabrics.
- It uses a multi-filtration system to target more than just fleas.
- This is great for spot cleaning or targeting fleas in a vehicle, but won’t be great at cleaning areas throughout your house. Spills and stains that have found their way onto your tile floor or carpet will still be handled better by an upright vacuum.
Kenmore Elite 31150 Pet-Friendly Bagged Upright Beltless Vacuum
This bagged vacuum is great for targeting fleas but won’t pose any sort of risk to them.
The Kenmore Elite isn’t meant to be the most user-friendly vacuum for fleas, it’s meant to be the most effective.
You won’t find any praise for noise reduction, being lightweight, or providing a handheld feature. What it does do is clean. And, it cleans extremely well.
It’s powerful enough to pick up not only the fleas, but it removes the eggs they lay as well. If you find yourself constantly deep cleaning your house but simply can’t get rid of the flea infestation, you likely don’t have enough power. It’s important to get the fleas removed from your household, but it’s more important to remove any eggs they lay.
If you fail to do so, you’ll quickly find yourself in a constant cycle of battling fleas
The 3D inducer motor is utilizing the power of three motors. This gives you 20 percent more air power than similar vacuums it competes with. That’s a lot of power that’s tough to beat.
Three attachments are included: an aluminum wand and flexible hose, a dusting brush, and a crevice tool. Debris, fleas, and more aren’t a problem. You’ll also be able to clean tight areas and above-ground areas as well.
- The three attachments make cleaning different areas and surface easy.
- It utilizes a triple HEPA filter for strong protection against debris.
- The 3D inducer motor takes the power of three motors to provide 20 percent more air power than other vacuums.
- While it’s certainly powerful, don’t expect many amenities such as noise reduction or being lightweight. It’s meant for those who need extra power.
Bissell CleanView Complete Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum
The Bissell CleanView is a good option for those looking for a ‘middle-of-the-road’ vacuum cleaner.
It’s relatively affordable yet still includes many of the high-quality features that high-end vacuums offer. This includes a triple-action brush roll, a pet turbo eraser tool, a corner tool, an odor-reducing carbon filter, a brush roll, and a lint strip.
These tools and accessories will help you target fleas better while still avoiding creating a larger mess within your vacuum. You’ll safely be able to handle even the heartiest of flea infestations or messes.
Beyond the accessories, it provides a 27-foot power cord and uses a multi-cyclonic system for a deep, effective clean.
- It uses a multi-cyclonic system to clean deeper and more effectively.
- A 27-foot power cord will allow you to plug this bad boy into almost any outlet within a room.
- It comes with a multitude of accessories to help with general cleaning as well as fighting fleas.
- The dirt cup capacity isn’t anything to brag about. It comes in at about one liter, meaning you’ll have to dump it out more often than with other vacuums.
Zenith Technologies, LLC Soniclean Bare Floor Pro Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This canister vacuum cleaner is fairly lightweight and meant to be lifted and taken with you as you are continuously clean.
The canister body weighs only 12 pounds, which is relatively lightweight. However, it can still become an annoyance to constantly have to lift around and take with you.
It uses an 1150-watt motor to bring effective cleaning power wherever you go. It even features a 360-degree hose rotation design that keeps it operating quieter than average.
Several tools are included. You’ll find an upholstery tool, a natural bristle floor brush, a dusting tool, and crevice tools to reach more areas.
- It’s incredibly effective at removing both fleas as well as their eggs. 1150 watts is a lot of power for a vacuum.
- Several tools are provided that make general cleaning easier.
- It’s portable and lightweight. Feel free to drag this anywhere within your household or transport it in a vehicle without issue.
- While it’s portable, it can be a little annoying to constantly use within a household. The hose is attached to the cannister, which will force you to pick it up and take it with you wherever you’re cleaning.
EUREKA Mighty Mite Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The EUREKA Mighty Mite is similar to the Soniclean Bare Floor Pro above. However, it’s much easier to transport around
It uses a canister to hold the debris you vacuum. You can pick it up and carry it with you. However, it’s much easier to simply drag it along its wheels.
On-board tools and an extension wand are included to help you reach more areas. Once you’ve cleaned, simply empty the dust bag in the garbage.
Other user-friendly features include a two setting height adjustment as well as a 10-inch wide head. This will help you clean a larger area quicker.
- Lightweight for easy transportation.
- On-board tools and extension wands will allow you to clean on the ground and above it as well.
A wider cleaning path means a faster cleaning session.
- It’s not as powerful as other vacuums. If you’re fighting to get rid of flea eggs, you may need several passes to effectively remove them.
What to Consider When Buying the Best Vacuum for Fleas
Knowing the best vacuum for fleas is wonderful, but it can still be difficult to find out which one is best for you.
With that in mind, this portion of the article was created to help navigate you through the ins and outs of the most important features of a vacuum cleaner for fleas.
Take note of which features will affect the way you clean right now. After that, you’ll know which features matter the most to you.
Canister or Bagged?
Canister or bagged vacuum cleaners have bee a hotly debated topic in the cleaning world for quite some time.
It comes down to preference. Canister cleaners tend to have a more favorable position, as they can often be detached from the vacuum into a handheld cleaner.
Bagged vacuums use a dust bag to carry debris that is meant to be emptied after cleaning. This removal process is easier than canisters and saves you more time. However, you’ll be stuck using a vacuum cleaner that you might have to lug around.
The weight of your vacuum cleaner is going to matter a lot. If you find yourself constantly cleaning throughout the day or week, you’re going to want a lightweight vacuum.
However, if you find that you’re cleaning tough stains and messes, or having a hard time removing fleas, you’re going to want a powerful vacuum. Typically, the more a vacuum weighs, the more effective its suction will be.
The accessories that are compatible or offered with a vacuum cleaner are going to make or break your cleaning experience.
They’re by far the most important aspect of how someone cleans their household. If you’re going to want to tackle hard-to-reach areas or areas that are above ground, you’ll almost certainly want attachments to be included with your purchase.
Think about how you would clean and note the accessories that are going to matter the most to you.
By now, you should know all the ins and outs of the best vacuum cleaners for fleas.
Take note of the different features that each vacuum provides. They’re not all made equally and one will be better than others for your specific needs.
Think about the accessories you’re going to want with your vacuum cleaner for fleas and find the best purchase for your situation.
Soon, you’ll be fighting fleas with the best of them.